Sunday, February 28, 2010

My Beethoven...

My sweet baby dog Beethoven, has... allergies. Not just any kind of allergies. Like the kind the people have and must get shots for. Geez, my dog is more high maintenance than me. :) I took Beethoven to the "allergy vet" the other week and they did a "allergy test" on him, just like they do on the humans... uh hm...$700 dollars later we know now that he is allergic to: Everything! Mostly dust mites, grass and yeast that he makes on his own skin. Are you kidding me? What am I going to do with this dog? Meanwhile the vet has given me a vile of the allergens he is allergic to and wants me to give Beethoven a shot every other week for the rest of his life? There is a 80% chance that he will get better from the shots, but it takes at least a year before we see any results. Seriously? There has to be a better way. For now, I'm waiting...because I mostly feel clueless on what is best.

Here is a pic that I took of Beethoven after his allergy test on his skin. :(