Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Dr. Appointments galore....

Hello Bloggies,
I wanted to share with you some news that I've been looking for, for a long time... I have been on a search for a "cure." I say that because, I live with a nasty, sometimes debilitating syndrome, daily. Yes, it's the wonderful "IBS." Or so they say...

I was diagnosed with this very common problem over 10 years ago and the fight to keep it under control has left me, weak. I have seen the best doctors in Dallas, had a million tests and I mostly feel like a "mystery diagnosis."
I mean, that's what it really is... no one can figure it out. After my last and very costly Colonoscopy/Endoscopy... I lost hope. My "Best Dallas Doctor money can buy" told me, she was kind of clueless to what was really happening and I should have more tests...

Well, that's easy to say but it's hard to afford. I'm still paying down hospital bills from June and this lady wants me to have another hospital stay and some more poking and prodding... I just wanted to be left alone.

Since June, I haven't been to a doctor. I just gave up. I know that sounds weak but I'm tired of the process. It takes a lot out of a person to prep for those tests etc and I was just done.
Until now. I found a new doctor that might have the answer. Or at least she is going to keep looking until she finds it! I met with a new doctor last Thursday and she feels that she might know what is wrong, and of course... I'm thrilled.
She took "a lot" of blood and we are going to start there, fresh and new and from the beginning and I'm hoping this time, there will be a "diagnosis."
Only, she did say that I could have a "blood disease" and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's not, but really I just want an answer and I'm praying that the news will be good.
So, I write this post to keep you updated on that front but not to "complain" or "whine" about the process. I have managed with this for over 10 years now, and I'm not going to start "crying" about it now. I have just been really, frustrated.
Plus, I know there are far worse things that people are battling everyday in comparison to this. Some people have cancer and life threatening diseases. I'm not making light of that, those people are true warriors. I'm just  thankful the Lord has brought me this far without any cancers and I'm praying for the strength to keep up the fight, the fight to keep searching for the "diagnosis."

K