Thursday, December 16, 2010

She's Here!

I can't believe I'm telling you this...Trinity Elizabeth Sherman has arrived!

But first, let me share with you a pic of mommy and baby before we headed out to the hospital...


(As you can tell, there was no more room in there for Miss Trinity or mama to carry her )
=)
Let me just tell you, our new baby girl is just adorable, coming in at 7lbs and 2 oz, 19 inches long. She wasn't easy to get out... but all worth the wait, weight and swollen feet!


Here's Trinity's Story...

Monday night before our midnight check in, Steve and I went to eat our last meal out "alone."  We decided to eat at Carrabba's for some tasty steak and pasta, ie: (protein and carbs) for mama =)

After dinner we headed home to make last minute arrangements and to finish packing our bags and then we were off for the hospital. (Dallas Presby)

The car ride seemed like forever, as I was really nervous about all the pain I would go through very soon and how I was going to do it all on purpose (making my body go into labor with pitocin) I was, anxious, excited and just... all the above!

We checked into our Labor and Delivery room and I got set up on all sorts of machines and such to monitor baby and got some mild drugs to help get things moving along.

Steve was a little worried about "his sleeping" arrangements because there was only one tiny couch that he could maybe fit part of his body on, but our super sweet nurse brought in a cot for him to get comfy on and we decided to get some "sleep" before things really got moving in the morning.

Well, of course I didn't sleep much. I was so nervous and starting to have contractions at this point and just very scared to be honest.  I wasn't sure I had what it took to "have this baby."

In the morning, my mom and my best friend arrived at the hospital and things got under way very quickly.  It was around 9:45am that I received the "pitocin" to help the labor along (and more painfully, I might add) ...it wasn't long before I was having intense contractions and I knew there was "no turning back."


The labor was hard and the contractions literally, took my breath away.  This was the pain I was worried about and it was UPON me!!!  The nurse gave me some "funny" drugs to help take the edge off but those really just made me so fuzzy that I barely remember much.  I had to depend on Steve, Larissa and my mom for the "details." 

After 3 cm dilated, I begged for my epidural which didn't come till I was 5cm and let me tell you, the epidural is the greatest invention ever!

I went right to sleep after the epidural and that's when things progressed, quickly!  It was hardly even 5:30 when it was time to start pushing and after only an hour, with some hard work (wink, wink) I was ready to deliver my baby girl...except one thing was missing... OH YEAH, MY DOCTOR! 
My doctor was "on call" and around the hospital but she took almost too long to get to me and my baby's head was ready to come out!  I literally screamed for my doctor and like superwoman she ran in, threw off her coat and caught my baby!

That's it! We had our baby girl at 6:40pm Tuesday, December 7, 2010. She was just precious to hold and came with lots of hair!







On our way home...


Sweet Stork sign we have in our front yard...


First Bath time!


Sweet, sleepy face =)

So for now we are relaxing at home and getting used to each other as "mommy" and "baby,"  So far only a week old, I can tell you that Trinity is a very sweet baby girl, she doesn't fuss much or too often unless she wants something =)

We are trying to be on a schedule as much as possible, because I think it's important to start good practices right away but, "Newborns" don't really follow a schedule.  Right now we eat, sleep and poop and of course get lots of mommy and daddy kisses!

We will keep you updated on all of our visitors in our next post, thanks for checking in =)

Hugs to all, Katie, Steve and Trinity